Call For Applicants Extended – Society Chronicler
NOVEMBER 2, 2021 | SCA COMMUNICATIONS
‘And when you’re gone, who remembers your name?
Who keeps your flame?
Who tells your story?’
Our Chroniclers share our stories, capture our achievements and support our teaching all over the Known World! Do you love helping people produce exceptional, informative, and appealing newsletters that help keep people informed and attract new people to our club? Do you have a keen eye for detail, are comfortable with copyright law and experience managing Kingdom or Corporate newsletters?
If so, Society Chronicler might be your next role!
The Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. is seeking candidates for the position of Society Chronicler, which is a three-year warranted term of service. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for overseeing the production of kingdom newsletters, local branch newsletters, and any other publications the Board may designate. In addition, the Chronicler establishes overall policies for Society-sponsored events and branch-related paper publishing at all levels and serves as a source of publishing expertise and advice for the benefit of the Society.
The Society Chronicler’s duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supervision of all Kingdom Newsletters to ensure they adhere to Corporate standards and copyright law;
• Maintaining, updating, and enforcing the Society Chronicler’s Policies;
• Acting as a resource for Kingdom Chroniclers and all Chroniclers throughout the Society;
• Administration of an electronic mailing list for Kingdom Chroniclers;
• Administration of the annual Master William Blackfox Awards for excellence in SCA publications;
• Regular reporting to the Publications Manager and Board of Directors, and other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate should have the following skills/competencies:
• Experience managing a newsletter at the SCA Corporate or Kingdom level
• Extensive familiarity with SCA publications
• Basic familiarity with copyright law, both US and international
• Experience working with publishing software and mailing houses and/or postal systems
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Familiarity with SCA Corporate and Kingdom structure
• Familiarity with electronic publications and supervision of websites
• Knowledge of Society Chronicler’s policies and issues currently facing SCA Chroniclers
• Excellent communications skills (written, oral, and electronic) and the ability to work with other Corporate and Society officers and deputies
As the bulk of the management of the office is done electronically, a reliable internet connection is also required.
Interested parties should forward hard copies of résumés (both professional and SCA related, including offices held and honors) to:
Chronicler, SCA, Inc.
P.O. Box 360789
Milpitas, CA 95036-0789
Electronic courtesy copies should also be sent to email@example.com.
The deadline for submissions is December 1, 2021.