NOTICE: This event is subject to being canceled
if, at the time the event is to be held, modern civil
authorities have issued restrictive orders related to public
gatherings pursuant to their COVID-19 mitigation efforts.
THIS EVENT WILL BE HELD VIRTUALLY.
Join us for a free event held safely in the virtual space.
We strongly encourage you to get into the SCA spirit as much as possible.
Wear your garb. Decorate your home or yard with your banners. Put your pavilion up in your yard!
Let's do everything we can to feel the SCA dream at home.
This event will include activities for Youth, Heavy and Rapier fighters as well as an array of classes and our Baronial Artisan Display.
Entrants for Baronial Champion must reside in Barony, but the Populace Choice winner could be from any SCA lands.
Full schedule and details for display can be found below.
Zoom meeting links and passwords will be added to the schedule 48 hours before the event.
Court will be broadcast over facebook live on https://www.facebook.com/groups/baronyarnhold/?ref=share
If you are not currently a member of the Arn Hold facebook page, please request membership and answer the simple questions. You will be added promptly.
Please note, we are attempting to make this event as inclusive as possible. As such we would like all teachers and class attendees to follow some simple rules so that anyone with hearing or audio processing issues will be able to comfortably join in.
In classes all microphones will be muted except the teacher.
We encourage attendees to use the raise hand feature. The class host can then unmute you for your question.
Please attempt to speak clearly and avoid speaking over each other.
All classes will be saved for future use in case you can't attend and will be subtitled at that point. (This excludes youth activities.)
Event schedule :
10:30 - 11 - Opening Court - A welcome from Her Excellency Varia and overview of the event and artisan's display.
11 - 12 - Maestro Gomez de Santander - Let's Sack Rome!
In 1527, Rome was invaded and sacked by an unlikely army of Protestants, Catholics, and assorted mercenaries. This is how it happened, and how it affected 16th century Europe.
Materials Needed - none
11 - 12 - M'Lady Rohesia - Stained Glass 101.
We will be chatting about the different types of glass, the basic tools needed to achieve stained glass pieces and basic patterning skills.
11 - 12 - Her Excellency Merin Du Bourbon - Heavy Fighting Practice.
A gathering of heavy fighters to mutually work on practice, techniques and discuss the work together.
If desired, this session may extend slightly beyond the 1 hour period.
11 - 12 - Maestro Killian Flynn MacThoy - Rapier practicum Q and A. Multiple MODs discussing current rapier training issues.
Discuss and practice Rapier technique and training.
Deadline for question submission 48 hours before class.
Submit questions to Xansdaddy@gmail.com.
12 - 1 - Lunch and salon - Eat your lunch in as grandly a fashion as you can while chatting with other attendees about your projects.
1-2 - THL Sara al-Garnatiyya - Special Guest teacher from The Kingdom of Meridies - Enamelwork Through the ages.
A discussion on enamelwork through time, period methods and modern iterations.
2-3 - THL Michelle of Harris upon York -
Make and take Youth Activity - Weaving in the round.
Learn the basics of weaving by creating a pouch.
Materials: yarn, scissors, piece of cardboard, ruler, something to use as a shuttle (large blunt needle works well), awl (or something else to make small holes in the cardboard), strong sewing thread.
2 - 3 - Drottin Aonghus ill ulfr - Persona development and archaeological experimentation.
How to use everyday activities to help learn more about life in your period and develop more understanding of your persona's background.
3-4 - THL Magdalena Lucia Ramberti - Sign Language in the SCA context.
Learn signs and methods of sign communication within the SCA context.
4-5 - THL Isgerthr Bjargeyjardottir - Make and take youth activity - Make a Viking Beard.
In these days of plague and doom, we'd all like to have a nice Viking Beard instead. Learn to make a quick/fun Viking Beard custom made just for you. You'll need a skein of yarn, or several if you'd like a multi-colored beard. Also, a pair of scissors. That is it! Join me for some fun and beard making!
4 - 5 - Lady Ursa Arci - Beginner Armouring on a budget.
A discussion class focused on how to create usable armour as a new heavy fighter, covering materials, techniques and tools.
5-6 - Closing Court - Business from Her Excellency Varia, including announcement of the Populace Choice Artisan and the Baronial Champion Artisan as well as business from any out of Barony attendees.
8 - 9 - Bardic afterparty - Join us for an after event revel allowing traditional fireside bardic entertainment while we relax after the event.
Barony of Arn Hold Arts and Sciences Champion Display Rules
1. The competition will be held in the form of an online display.
2. The Barony of Arn Hold’s champion shall be chosen by Her Excellency, Varia Goffe and a populous choice, voted on by the event attendees during the event.
3. Documentation requirements have been waived for this event. There will not be judges. Entrants are welcome to chat with others about their work, but since there are no judges, there will not be a formal question and answer portion of this display.
4. Entrants can submit 1-3 item images or performance videos for the Facebook display.
5. Entries need to be accompanied by 1 image of the finished object/performance video.
a. There can be up to 3 detail/in-progress shots, and these are optional.
6. These entries may have been entered for display before. Find your best thing (it can have been displayed before, but no winning/placing competition pieces please, let’s see those hidden gems and your new awesome stuff).
7. Entries must be accompanied by the following information:
a. Your SCA Name, Entry Name, Date Range, and Area (town, country, culture).
b. You can, if you like, include 1-2 sentences giving a general overview of extant information or your inspiration as it relates to your project.
8. Entrants must let us know when you submit your images if you want to go for champion, champion and populous choice, or display only.
9. All entries, images, text, and information must be received by Thursday, April 30th, by 11:59 pm.
10. A Facebook folder on our Barony of Arn Hold Facebook page will be made available for entries Friday, May 1, at 8:00 am. It will be open till May 2, 12:00, noon on Saturday. Entrants will be responsible for uploading their own entries and information. If you do not have the technology to upload images I can do that for you. You can send them to Agnes Whitby on Facebook or to email@example.com by May 1, 11:59 pm Friday so I can upload them for the event (please include all needed information) If you have issues let me know.
10. Voting for populous choice shall be made by the highest number of likes on the main entry image or video. Voting shall close, prior to evening court, at 4:00 pm (no likes on detail shot shall be counted towards populous choice).
11. You must be a paid member of the SCA and the Barony of Arn Hold to compete for champion.
12. Please state your intent to compete for Baronial Arts and Sciences champion on your main entry image/video. (If it is not stated, we may reach out for clarification)
This is a unique opportunity, and it would be wonderful to have people enter lovely objects, to celebrate the artistic spirit that embodies the Barony of Arn Hold. Even if you do not wish to be champion, please submit images for display. Let us celebrate the artisans and arts of this wonderful barony!
Aonghus ill ulfr (Arlen Donald)
Phone: 208-600-2764; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Event is held and managed by the Kingdom of Artemisia, a branch of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. and is considered the official presence of this group here. Questions regarding its content should be directed to email@example.com , socialmedia@Artemisia.sca.org or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any discrepancies between the electronic version or any information and the printed version that is available from the originating office will be decided in favor of the printed version.