Sun Wukong (The Monkey King) has gravely insulted their Excellencies’ and caused mischief in the lands of Gryphon’s Lair and escaped back to the far east. Their Excellencies’ Owen and Malkin call their greatest champions in their lands to crusade to the east and retrieve the Sun Wukong to face justice for his crimes. Come out and enjoy this three-day event filled with camping and activities.
Weary travellers - Friday night the Baroness will provide soup for all weary travellers so they need not worry about cooking their first night in camp.
Barony of Gryphon's Lair Confidence Polling. Members of the barony will be allowed to cast their ballot at Quest. But they must proof of active membership and be physically present. The last three Allthing meetings, members of the Barony have discussed extending their tenure of the current Baron and Baroness to Midge Marsh of the year 2020. As many of the founding members of the Barony recall, originally the Baronial investiture was at The Midge Marsh event. There are arguments for and against moving Investiture back to the original event. Come, vote, and be heard!
● Quest Journey to the East
● Arts & Sciences Competition
● 100 Arrow Shoot
● Serpent’s Firepit Bardic Challenge
● Ox Heavy Tournament
● Tiger’s Rapier Tournament
● Arts and Sciences
● (Youth)Trails of Immortality (Dodgeball)
● Dragon Archery Tournament
● Rooster Thrown Weapon Tournament
● Fundraiser: Burger Burn
● Beginning Weaving
● The Japanese Art of Wrapping
● Viking Wire Weaving
● Journey to the West: Mythology Summarized
● Adult Event Registration is $35; Adult Member Discount Registration is $30.
● Family cap is $80 for the full weekend!
● Adult Event Registration Day Trip fee: $20;
● Adult Member Discount Registration Day Trip fee: $15
● Children are guests of the barony
● Fundraiser: Burger Burn: $5
Make checks payable to SCA, Inc., Barony of Gryphon's Lair
Site: Mount Ogden Archery, 3120-3188 W. Old Highway Rd. Morgan, UT 84050. Site opens at noon on Friday, May 24th and closes at noon on Sunday, May 26th. The site is wet.
Directions: Take I-15 (Ogden) to I-84 East. (17 miles) exit 96, turn left (North) and travel a few feet to the intersection, and turn right (East) on Old Highway Rd. Drive 1/2 mile East; Site is on the right.